Saturday, May 10, 2008

Time was a cruel thief. ..he robbed us the man we love.


Losing someone you care so much about is just plain hard. It’s mentally taxing, emotionally frustrating, and spiritually draining. The worst part is it leaves a big hole inside you. How could you possibly deal with it?

I’ve talked about death in this blog before. How hard it is, how to deal with it, and even how to accept it. It was positively written that you’d think I’ve experienced a lot of deaths in my life already. Actually, it was only written because the topic interests. Never did I knew that experiencing death with a loved one first-hand would make me want to delete what I wrote and scratch the word death in my vocabulary.

. . . I’ve met him only once, but the imprint he left in my heart was beyond compare. Learning about his death this morning was like a dream I never want to recall. He was still young. There was still a lot for him to experience. He was yet to see his sons build a family of their own. But Fate had other plans for him. His time here with us was over.

It was hard seeing the man I love sad, hurt, and confused. He loved him so much. He cared for him a lot. But he left too soon. He left him unprepared.

But I know he’s in a good place now. I know he’s happy where he is.

We’ll miss you so much Dad. Till me meet again. . .

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grief is a hard thing, but at least it is something we share. I empathize with your loss.