Wednesday, May 7, 2008

There are two kinds of people, those who make your life difficult and. . . so on

My day always start with confusion.

Where’s my phone? My key? My hanky? Arrghh..I forgot my wallet again.

But these have been regular occurrences by now that they seem a habit already. Those things don’t annoy me anymore. What turns my confused-cum-normal day upside-down is what happens in-between. . . rather who I encounter in-between.

The guy who never fails to annoy me with his ‘how are you’ text messages.

The woman who constantly complains to me about her work or life.

The gal who incessantly tells me stories I’m tired of hearing.

The woman….the man….the person…

There’s just too many of them. I too often find myself too tired to carry on with my day when these people start hovering around me.

So, how do I cope?

Simple.

First. I don’t take people’s behavior personally. Translation. I ignore them.

Second. I don’t try to change them. In other words, I just go with the flow.

Third. I try to be flexible. Meaning, since I can’t change them, it’s my responses to their behavior that I change.

Fourth. I don’t try to confront them. Otherwise stated, I go to the bathroom sprinkle my face with water, go back to my station, and listen to loud music to distract myself.

If all my optimistic efforts turn futile. . . I go home, read, and sleep. (so much for a good day)

0 comments: