Thursday, May 22, 2008

How do I stay fit? Simple. I sleep.

Why do some people talk in their sleep? Nobody knows for sure.

Somniloquy, otherwise known as sleep talking, is one of the great mysteries of sleeping. Scientists say that sleep talking can happen at any point in the sleep cycle. The lighter the sleep, the more lucid the words. So, if suddenly you hear your sister, friend, or husband talk during stages 1 and 2 of their sleep, chances are you will hear an entire conversation. But if they are already in stages 3 and 4, moans and gibberish speech is all you’ll hear.

I find it funny and exciting to hear someone talk in their sleep. It’s like they’ll talk about something top secret any moment. It’s like making someone talk about his deepest secrets without him really knowing and remembering talking to you. But sadly, that’s not always the case with me. When I hear someone talk in their sleep it’s always gibberish. Maybe because I’m in the REM stage myself or just hallucinating in my sleep. Darn. I’ve been secretly hoping to hear someone shout his secret while sleeping. Must be one great revelation.

0 comments: