Tuesday, May 6, 2008

From 24-year old me to 60-year old me

Dear Future Me,

Its May 3 today. I’m feeling sad, distraught, anxious, disappointed, and perplexed. I was supposed to go to Oguis today, but unfortunately, I have to take an exam tomorrow. I’ve been looking forward to this trip since last month. This would have been the first time we’re all going home to Oguis as a family after 9 yrs. But sadly, here I am left anxious and alone in our house.

I’m counting the hours and minutes till they return. I’m sure they have a lot of stories and pictures to show. If only I could move the exam schedule. I would trade it for anything under the sun so long as I can go on this vacation. I so need a vacation. I want to escape the stress and pressure of work even just for a few days. I want to reassess my priorities and what I really want to do with my life. Lately, I’ve been feeling down and unhappy. I feel like there is something missing in my life.

Well, I guess I’m just too disappointed that’s why I feel this way. Oh, how I wish life is simple and carefree. No stress, no pressure, no worry. I hope you’re not feeling the same way I do. Don’t get yourself too anxious, ok. You’re not getting any younger. You won’t handle stress the same way as before. Just keep yourself relaxed and happy.

How’s life, by the way? You’re probably retired by now. Have you gone back to Oguis yet? How is it there? Still as serene and simple as it was before? I hope so.

Take care of yourself, ok and say hi for me to my sisters.


From,

Past me

0 comments: