Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It took me fifteen years to discover that I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous. RobertBenchley

4 years can feel like a long time, yet it seems like only yesterday when I was writing my first article. A lot has changed since then, both in my writing and attitude. I guess there is something about getting older that makes one more aware of time, that there is not much left of it, and you persistently need to make the most of every moment. It makes me appreciate more all the good things – every endeavor, every experience - and try not to dwell too much on the downside.

Still, too much to do and experience. I’m just halfway to achieving my “Personal Legend”, which I’m still to figure out, btw. I maybe a woman on the outside, but still a girl at heart. Too young to be accomplished, too old to be apathetic. (Sigh)

I cannot say writing is my passion. It’s like something I just stumbled on once upon a time. Honestly, I’m not good at words or sentence structure. Either in expressing myself in words. I never got an A in English nor an excellent grade in business writing. I’m just an average girl with an average IQ.

So, I never really knew how I end up writing in my first job or in my second. It’s like divine intervention. (heehee) One day, He just said, ‘you should apply to this job advertisement. It’s your calling.’ Yeah right, my calling. Despite my mind’s immense resistance, here I am today writing and draining my tiny brain for words, sentence structure, and s-v agreement. I must be crazy for staying on this job until today.

But still, I convince myself everyday not to dwell on the downside but to look always on the bright side (if ever there really is a bright side). After all, I’m getting no younger everyday. Might as well make the most of my writing days and who knows, I might find another more fruitful endeavor today, or maybe next week, or next month. I’ll just hold on to that happy thought and keep my sighs and grunt to myself, for now.

0 comments: