Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I am grateful for

My simple family
My loving friends
My job
My ever supportive soulmate
The food I eat every meal
The clothes I wear though they are old and worn-out
My umbrella for giving me shade when it is hot or rainy
The incessant rain last week
The loving hand of a friend for getting me through borings days
The smile I see from someone lonely and in despair for giving me hope
The laugh of a poor man
The discussions I have with friends for teaching me lessons in life
The pains and downfalls I’ve experienced for making me the strong woman I am now
The hot days of summer
The soft bed I sleep in on cold nights
For simply having the chance to write this…


Often, it takes a heartbreak or misfortune to make us appreciate all the things we have. So before it’s too late, always be thankful for whatever you have no matter how small or simple it is.

0 comments: