Wednesday, March 5, 2008

it is often easier to be angry than tell someone you are hurt . . .

I read this article in a news magazine that claims that sometimes it’s good to be sad. Sadness is a part of our life because often we only get to realize that we are well when we get hurt.

As much as I hate to be sad, I have come to appreciate the nifty advantage of misery. I love it when I get to sulk and be alone. Solitude is my pal. We get along really well. Sadness is also my buddy when I write my creative pieces. When I’m in the mood to weigh up my life, I turn to sadness. It helps me get through my rough days.

It hurts to be sad but it hurts more when you feel empty inside. Try forgetting a friend who has hurt you. The more you don’t think about him/her the easier you forget him/her. But sooner or later you’ll feel emptiness. Emptiness that’s making you feel dead inside. You know that something is missing you just can’t figure it out. It may be your friend’s happy smiles, her mood swings or simply her presence. But wait, you hate her don’t you? So why waste your time feeling empty for her.

My advice, grieve for the loss. Mourn for the death of your friendship. When you try to remember your friend or your friendship someday, you’ll find yourself laughing at your stubbornness and the bad times you had. That way you won’t feel numb, dead and hollow again. AND you’ll remember to pick your friends more cautiously this time.

So, enough with happiness. Try a dose of sadness once in a while. It would hurt, but that’s exactly the reason why it’s called sadness.

0 comments: